chestnuts can roast

in our newly finished fireplaces.

We have been busy getting our house ready to have it appraised and closed. We finally got our fire place in our mater bedroom (gas) done and the main living area done.

main fireplace

main fireplace

Here in the main living area, I wanted a look of concrete but by dang we couldn’t get anyone to come to do concrete slabs on the wall. We couldn’t find out how to do it ourselves either. So we had to settle at the last minute on rock. He didn’t do it exactly like I told him, but it grows on me daily and we plan to do some raw metal squares on the floor and up the wall for the firewood, to bring more of a mod look.

master fireplace

master fireplace

Sometimes mistakes are good. We ordered a tile to go on our main fireplace to look like concrete. This was before we decided on the rock. We called to order it and they thought they were ordering the right tile, but they didn’t. I went to the tile store and they lady there let me know how beautiful the tile was and how great it will look. I was just plan tired. I smiled and said I hope so. I have been long done with things going wrong. They loaded it up and I didn’t want to look at it, for some reason I didn’t was to see because to be honest beautiful tile wasn’t what I was going for in my maim living area. After a few more errands lumber jake asked if I looked. I dreaded it. So I opened the back of my car and looked. And man, it isn’t what i wanted at all. The tile was heavy and pricey but I knew we had an entry way to get done a down stairs basement to get done so I didn’t want to bother with taking it back, I wanted it to work out. One thing about myself, is that I try and try really hard to figure out some other way to fix problems than just to give up. I have hated the saying, “Well the problem is…”.
It was cool tile, just not for where we wanted it. I got home and it looked horrible with my red and brown beam. We stewed over where to put it. A light bulb came on in both of our heads. We’d just use it in the master. So it found a home in the master bedroom fireplace and thank goodness, because we were sick about it. The tile I had originally to go in the master can go downstairs when we finish it. When building, you gotta be willing to compromise (with spouse and product) because you just never know what will go wrong. However in this case it turned out great in the end. I actually like this tile a lot better than the one I originally choose.
*sigh* of relief.

This entry was posted in ARCHITECTURE. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>